Monday, September 13, 2010

Mardel Tables: A Review

When I started in-home dog grooming, I was pretty well supplied. I had a lot of equipment from when I had the salon and mobile grooming businesses. However, my portable grooming table was quite large, heavy, and awkward to carry. Very few of my dogs are of a size that requires that table. I wanted to reduce weight of what I was toting, and the number of trips it took to bring my equipment in and out of the houses.

After some internet research (I think am the Queen of Google), I decided on a lightweight ringside table from Mardel Tables. I sent an email inquiry regarding the cost of shipping to Canada, and ended up in an extended conversation with Mary Ann. Basically, she told me that what I thought I wanted wasn’t what I needed. For safety reasons based on the varying dogs that would be on the table, she recommended the Mini table instead, which is only slightly heavier and has a carry handle.

“Great,” I replied, “I’ll take it, and could you also throw in a folding mini grooming arm?”

Once again my bright idea turned out to be a dim one. The mini grooming arm was not appropriate for what I would be doing. Mary Ann offered as a safer alternative a narrow grooming arm that they would cut down to a shorter length for me. My final order was an 18” x 30” x 33”H Mini table with a Narrow grooming arm cut to 36”. A grooming loop was included with the order.

I am very pleased with the table. It is very easy to carry because of the lighter weight and handle. It is very sturdy when set up and a comfortable height. I love, love that the table top is blue. I can’t imagine why manufacturers make black table tops. The eye strain is atrocious. The blue finish provides excellent contrast for black coats without causing a glare with white coats. The shortened grooming arm is a very convenient length. I use bungee cords to strap it to the table when it is folded flat.

The customer service I received from Mary Ann of Mardel Tables was excellent. She was very helpful and honest in her recommendations. My emails were answered promptly and courteously. The table was shipped well wrapped and protected. Even better, the table was shipped from the United States using the postal service and I received it in Canada two days later. My experience was very positive and I highly recommend Mardel Tables.

2 comments:

  1. Taking your pet to a dog groomer and leaving the task to the experts is often the best option. However, if you choose to try your hand at grooming your dog yourself you'll need look into some basic dog grooming equipment.

    Mississauga Dog Groomer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total Pet Supply is your one stop shop for you pet needs. It's today's most trusted online pet store with a commitment to providing the most affordable prices on the best products to keep your beloved pet happy and healthy. pet products

    ReplyDelete