Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In-Home Grooming: Where do you bath the dog?


“Where do you bath the dog?”

This is usually the first question people ask when they inquire about in-home grooming. The answer is pretty simple: wherever you want! So far I have used bathtubs, jacuzzi tubs, walk-in showers, laundry tubs, and kitchen sinks. As long as the dog can fit comfortably and safely in the space, I will use it and I come prepared.

  • I bring my own bathmat with me to avoid scratching the tub and to keep the dog from slipping.
  • I use a hair-trap over the drain.
  • I have knee-pads for kneeling.
  • I have a hose that attaches to most laundry faucets.
  • In other areas that have no spray hose, I use my Secret Weapon.
  • I bring my own towels and shampoo.
  • I dress appropriately and don’t mind getting wet.
  • I wipe down and clean up the area when I’m done.
Your dog gets a professional, quality bath in the comfort of their own home and I do my best to leave the room as I found it.

2 comments:

  1. Anybody interested in dog grooming, whether you already participate or would like to start Will know that seeking some useful dog grooming tips can get you a long way, teaching you new tips, tricks and techniques as well as understanding the benefits, financial and health, of dog grooming.

    Toronto Dog Grooming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog grooming home solutions are an alternative to professional grooming services, and many pet owners see it as a way of saving money. There are advantages and disadvantages about dog home grooming, since you may save money but you definitely invest time and effort in the activity.

    Mississauga Dog Groomer

    ReplyDelete